Sunday, March 25, 2007

It's Rudy again

Back in 2000 I received a message from Rudy Giuliani, mailed to my home in Maryland, urging me to contribute money to his planned campaign against Hillary Clinton for a Senate seat from New York state. That campaign never happened because he later found that he had prostate cancer, which forced him to abandon it.

At the time, I wondered why he would think that I might so contribute since I was not a resident of New York state. I also wondered how his campaign workers got my name; I guessed that they got it from the registry of a hotel in the Wall Street area of New York city, where I stayed numerous times when I was working as a consultant for a client in the area. They must have figured that anyone staying at that hotel must have been both a moneybags and a staunch Republican, who would gladly contribute to Giuliani's campaign fund even though they couldn't vote for him.

Now Rudy's at it again--this time in his campaign for the Republican nomination for the 2008 presidential election. I just received the following e-mail from him.

Dear Friend,

Click Here tojoin Team Rudy today.
I am running for President because when I look to the future, I see a country where Americans are confident our nation is in control of its destiny. I believe in solving problems through strength, not weakness – from optimism, not pessimism. I am passionate about seizing our opportunity and sharing a vision of how America can be better. I'm emailing you because you are someone who makes up your mind early. You are influential in your community, and it would mean so much to have you join my team as one of its founding members.

Pictured here is your First Edition Team Rudy Member Card. I'd be honored if you'd activate it and help me run a strong campaign with your gift.

Blah, blah, blah.

I don't know, Rudy, I'll have to think about voting for you--but forget the gift to your campaign.

Regards,

Moneybags

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

Mycroft Watson is the nom de plume of a man who has seen many winters. He is moderate to an extreme. When he comes to a fork in the road, he always takes it. His favorite philosopher is Yogi Berra. He has come out of the closet and identified himself. Anyone interested can get his real name, biography, and e-mail address by going to "Google Search" and keying in "User:Marshall H. Pinnix" (case sensitive).

Powered by Blogger

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping
Free Top Ten Search Engine Submission!
  • Excite
  • What-U-Seek
  • Webcrawler
  • NetFind
  • Lycos
  • Infoseek
  • AltaVista
  • HotBot
  • Goto
  • Northern Light
Site Title
URL
Name
Email
Free Advertising
 Blog Top Sites a href="http://www.blogtopsites.com/"> Blog Top Sites