Sunday, October 28, 2007

CBS is a bummer

I have never before used this blog to register complaints about any service provider. If my complaint involved someone who billed my credit card, I contacted MasterCard (or whoever) not to pay them; otherwise, I have settled the matter with the other party. ("Angie's List" is a good website to describe a subscriber complaint--or even better, to search for a service company one might want to use to see criticisms/plaudits from others who have used them.)

However, CBS is beyond the pale, in my opinion. I signed up for their college football website (at $14.95 a month) several weeks ago; this website is supposed to allow paid customers to watch their video of some games and get an up-to-the-minute status on others in progress. Although CBS has billed me, they never recognize me when I log in. When I go to their "Help" link, they say they will e-mail my password to me, but never do. I am just before cancelling.

Today (10/28/07), when I registered to make comments on CBS programming, I was thanked for registering. However, after I spent some time criticising Lesley Stahl's clumsy handling of her interview on "Sixty Minutes" with French president Nicolas Sarkozy--she repeatedly mispronounced his name--when I tried to submit my comments, the website didn't recognize me.

No wonder CBS ranks third among the over-the-air networks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

Mycroft Watson is the nom de plume of a man who has seen many winters. He is moderate to an extreme. When he comes to a fork in the road, he always takes it. His favorite philosopher is Yogi Berra. He has come out of the closet and identified himself. Anyone interested can get his real name, biography, and e-mail address by going to "Google Search" and keying in "User:Marshall H. Pinnix" (case sensitive).

Powered by Blogger

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping
Free Top Ten Search Engine Submission!
  • Excite
  • What-U-Seek
  • Webcrawler
  • NetFind
  • Lycos
  • Infoseek
  • AltaVista
  • HotBot
  • Goto
  • Northern Light
Site Title
URL
Name
Email
Free Advertising
 Blog Top Sites a href="http://www.blogtopsites.com/"> Blog Top Sites